Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Ay! Tia!

I know, this post is technically a day late according to my "Happiness Homework Schedule." But I promise I have not been derelict in my journaling duties; I simply value my sleep more. I have had a busy after-work schedule for the first time in 3 months and I cannot lie to you reader (Bess), 10:30 pm is now considered far past my bedtime.

So! What does my aunt have to do with my happy experience yesterday? Nothing. It has everything to do with my best friend from my semester abroad in Sevilla, Spain, Britt. [Note: "tia" in Spain can be used to refer to an intimate friend]. This girl rocks my TX world! She decided to up and move from Philly to Houston (another reason I love her so much, we share the same adventuresome spirit....and we're both Glee addicts). She just arrived two days ago and has been apartment hunting with her dad in downtown Houston proper. They found a place for her yesterday and was able to start moving in. To celebrate the room/apartment hunt success, and finally getting to see each other, we met up at a great restaurant near my apartment.

I have to say, it was one of my favorite dinners out, so far. We had good food, great drinks, and the company was fabulous. We swapped the 'short and bitter/sweet' summaries of our lives since Spain. We decided that we are most blessed to have stayed friends after Spain and that God knew what he was doing when he brought us back together in Houston.

After dinner, we had a lovely night stroll by the riverwalk and made plans for all of the adventures to come after she's settled in: dancing, finding great restuarants, decorating her place, shopping together, dancing, working out together, taking advantage of the pool and sun, dancing, watching Glee, going to Spanish church services, and in general making Houston our own.

So, I'd like to propose a digital "salud" (cheers) to my tia, Britt (my good friend/dude/partner in crime). Here's to making many more "remeber that time when...." moments! Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment