1. The moment when you realize that flour, sugar, and even some sprinkles are not only coating your kitchen counters and floors, but also your shirt, elbows, and hair. This situation is a natural result of cookie baking marathons. And trust me, having flour and sugar in funny places is WAY better than having sand in funny places!
2. The moment when you realize that you don't have enough cookie tins for all of the cookies you have made and/or received in the mail.
3. Having meaningful marital discussions over the proper way to decorate sugar cookies with your spouse.
4. The ability to know when your tree needs water by the more piney smell it gives off.
5. The chance to constantly rearrange the gifts under the tree for maximum aesthetic viewing pleasure.
6. The excuse to burn every candle in the house. At once.
7. The excuse to drink hot and sugary drinks at every meal.
8. The chance to show some Christian love to other harried customers in the post office. Also the chance to share a Christian smile while also showing that you will not lay down and die (or more accurately, be run over) by that crazy lady who just tried to steal a parking spot from you at the mall while visiting your husband and work.
9. Knowing every line in the Grinch song and always wondering why it's such a bad thing to have garlic in your soul....no one has been able to answer that one, by the way. It's right up there with the question of why store mannequins have very hard and prominent nipples. Sorry dad, I still don't have that answer for you yet!
10. The time and leisure to blow through 4 young adult novels in a week.
And there you have it, folks. Some of the things that have been keeping me ticking during my time off while my husband pulls 14 hour days at his two retail jobs. I tell yah, that Husker is a hard-working man! And I love him all the more for it.