Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Tip On the Tightrope

Balance. Scoot a little to the left, now shuffle what yo' mama gave yah to the right!

I think like most people, I strive for balance. I enjoy hard work, but I don't want to be a workaholic. I like slow Saturday mornings, but I have an aversion to the word "lazy." I think chocolate should be considered the 5th element of the universe, but I'm not of the buffet and 10,000 + calorie/day breed of Americans.

What kind of balance are you trying to keep, or find?

Mine is somewhere between new wife, young working professional, long-distance daughter and sister, future marathon trainer, and 20-something sizing up the possibilities of grad school. All those (and perhaps a few more) dreams to chase...I wonder how many tightropes I'm on? Or maybe it's one tightrope, but with each strand representing a different dream, a different goal.

Something to ponder as I fall asleep...well, if my mind had any room for it after the hubby has just read another chapter of book two of The Hunger Games. Why am I so addicted to young adult fiction!?

But back to my tightrope. My superbly tasteful hermano turned me on to this artist and song today. I think it will be my tightrope song, to be played whenever I've gotten too high, or too low.

Janelle Monae - Tightrope Music Video

I guess I'll just keep walking my tightrope...with a lil' bit of Funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment